“How can I buy and sell at the same time in this market?” This is a question I often get asked these days. Here are some tips to help you accomplish this feat:
- Purchase new construction. If that’s an option for you, it’s easy to line up your closing dates. Sometimes, builders even have off-market homes. We can contact those builders and see if they have a home that could become available in the time frame that you’re looking at.
- Borrow from your 401k. Due to COVID, the associated penalties may be lessened. Contact your accountant for further information.
- Get a home equity line of credit. With a HELOC, you can borrow against your current home equity. We can help you figure out how much equity is in your home with a market analysis.
- Negotiate an extended closing time. In a seller’s market, you have more options to control the time frame for when you’re closing.
- Submit a contract contingent on the sale of your home.
If you’d like more pro tips, click here to view our full PDF or reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you.